These are a few news stories that I came across this week that I thought were very interesting, but I’m planning for next week’s current event theme to be the inauguration, so I couldn’t use these articles. Enjoy these stories, and I hope you can find a way to use them in your ESL reading classes!
- The Friendship Bench Can Help Chase the Blues Away
- The Secrets of Diamonds
- A New Type of Food Pantry is Sprouting in Yards Across America
- Why Grad Students Unionize
- More than a Dozen Ways to Pantone’s Color of the Year at Home (this is light on content, but I find that a lot of students love talking about color and design)
- Introducing Daliyah, the 4-Year-Old Girl Who Has Read More Than 1,000 Books
- In a Surprise Send-Off, Obama Awards Biden Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Why This Friday the 13th Won’t Be the Last of 2017
- Where Our Fear of Friday the 13th Came From (I’m just now realizing that I should’ve done a Friday the 13th lesson!)
Any way, happy Friday (the 13th!) and have a great weekend!